Volunteer Position - Social Media Coordinator
RICHMOND HILL RINGETTE ASSOCIATION
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
WHAT DOES THE SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR DO?
The Richmond Hill Ringette Association (RHRA) is seeking a creative and motivated individual to create social media content and monitor our social media channels on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Social media specialists should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of RHRA.
Depending on applicants, this may become a shared role.
- Build and execute social media posts through creative content throughout the season
- Highlight competitive games, athletes, referees, coaches and RHRA sponsors
- Promote the sport of ringette to grow awareness and registration
- Coordinate with RHRA teams to support their stories
- Monitor and report on RHRA team results at tournaments
- Attend and produce content surrounding key events such as Come Try Ringette, RHRA Tournament and RHRA Banquet
- Organize and execute social media contests and prizing
- Be available to post news and stories as required by the RHRA Board
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Work together with RO to ensure appropriate content
- Current RHRA Parent or current RHRA athlete (U19A and above) with extensive knowledge of the game of Ringette
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and tools knowledge
- Experience in social media and digital media on the following platforms - Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Graphic design and photo editing skills
- Positive attitude and creative individual with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Experience in social media/creative content is an asset
RESUME SUBMISSION DEADLINE - September 30, 2023
Any interested applicants should provide a resume/brief on their interest in this position and submit this to email@example.com